BASc, University of British Colubmia
E-mail: evem (at) ece.ubc.ca
Research Interest / Projects
- Intercultural Factors in Global Software Development
For my masters research I am looking into the issues surrounding culture and how it affects global software development projects. See our project page for more information.
| W. Duplantis, E. MacGregor, M. Klawe, and M. Ng, "'Virtual family': an approach to introducing java programming," SIGCSE Bull., vol. 34, no. 2, 2002, pp. 40-43.
|E. MacGregor, Y. Hsieh, and P. Kruchten, "Cultural Patterns in Software Process Mishaps: Incidents in Global Projects," in Proceedings of Human and Social Factors of Software Engineering (HSSE), St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2005, ACM.
| E. MacGregor, Y. Hsieh, and P. Kruchten, "Intercultural Factors in Global Software Development," in Proceedings of Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Saskatoon, Sask., 2005, IEEE.
|K. Tee, K. Moffatt, L. Findlater, E. MacGregor, J. McGrenere, B. Purves, and S.S. Fels, A visual recipe book for persons with language impairments, in Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems. 2005, ACM Press: Portland, Oregon, USA.
- EECE 443 - Software Project Management (guest lecture on culture and globally distributed software projects)
- EECE 310 - Introduction to Software Engineering (TA)
- APSC 160 - Introduction to Computation in Engineering Design (TA)
- Introductory seminar on the Unified Modelling Language